This is an experiment in developing a friendly news program for Deaf children. Since Deaf people and children are “visual learners”, we need to develop and provide more friendly visual programs! If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please do. Thank you.
Bell Tower News have a special report on the Operation Geronimo. For teachers, you can use the guided questions for classroom discussion.
Special Report: Operation Geronimo
Osama bin Laden, al Qaeda, Foreign Policy, September 11, 2001, Terrorism, Muslim Ritual
1. What is Operation Geronimo?
2. What happened on September 11, 2001? How many people died?
3. Can you find Pakistan and Afghanistan on a map? In which region would you find these two countries?
4. What are the Muslim’s beliefs and ritual for burials?
5. Why was the decision made to bury Osama bin Laden at sea?
6. Why wouldn’t some countries assume responsibility for accepting his burial in their country?
7. How will bin Laden’s death affect America and worldwide?
8. How do you feel about people celebrating (jumping for joy) when they learned about bin Laden’s death?
The front page of 76’s country’s newspaper on Osama’s death
Teaching Ideas: The Death of Osama bin Laden
Good, simple background information on how terrorist cells work, plus map showing Al-Qaeda’s influence.
Bell Tower News Production
CAMS Media Team
California School for the Deaf, Fremont